How does it work?
Step 5: Negotiation
Negotiation is a craft and a skill. It can only be developed through experience in the field. It can not be gained by reading books or attending seminars. A professional Negotiator is worth their weight in gold.
Buyers Home Base has over 80 years of Real Estate Sales experience that we bring to you. Our negotiaton skills have been honed in the Real Estate marketplace. Whether you are a First Home Buyer – or a Savvy Investor, we feel confident to say that “we” have probably purchased more homes in Melbourne than you. As cheeky as this may sound, it is probably true. What this means is we have more experience.
We tick the Number 1 Box that needs to be ticked to be successful in any negotiation and that is preparation. We are prepared for all of the various scenarios that may present themselves during the process.
Here are just some of the questions that you may need to answer during the Negotiation:
* How do you know if you should try taking the home or property that you have found off the market prior to Auction – or not?
* Do you know how to do this?
* Timing is everything in Negotiation, so when do you do this?
* Do you know the things that you should never do, that could actually have you lose the property or home?
- What questions should you be asking the Agent to uncover the answers you will need to know during the Negotiation?
- How little or how much to you open up to the Agent about your own specific needs?
- When is a good time to remain indifferent?
- When is a good time to show your real level of commitment?
- When do you pull away from the Negotiation?
- When do you re-enter the Negotiation?
- How do you know what is the best price to enter the Negotiation?
- What “aces” do you have up your sleeve for this Negotiaton?
- Do you know how to use Terms and Conditions, Settlement Dates and inclusions to your advantage in the Negotiation?
- Do you know how to effectively use a Sunset Clause?
- When is the Negotiation over?
Whilst bidding at Auction is not Negotiation, there are many ways to enter into this arena as well. Do you start the bidding off powerfully and boldly? Do you know the best price to begin to bid? Do you drop out and pretend to be finished, and then come in again boldly? Do you wait until just about everybody has dropped out and then enter the bidding? Do you try to remain invisible, or do you take centre stage? Can you do all of these things with confidence?
The bottom line of any Auction is that whoever has the most money, and is prepared to spend the most money on the day will “win”. But, there are many strategies that can affect this outcome. Your delivery and confidence is the key to your success at an Auction. If you have never done this before, it can be quite stressful. If you have ever done this and bid against a Buyers Advocate you will have seen the clear difference and benefit of having a professional on your team. The Advocates at Buyers Home Base are doing it almost every weekend. We are here to help!
How does it work?
5 Easy Steps